Tuesday, 6 May 2008

Meatballs with Spagetti and Fresh Tomato Sauce



Again this is another Delia recipe from How to Cook part 1. The meatballs were really tasty , lots of flavour and held together well but I switched the pork for beef. The tomato sauce unfortunately wasn't as good. I think next time I would add tomato puree to give it a bit more flavour and cook it on a higher heat. Using better quality tomatoes would probably also improve it as I think these were a bit too watery.
So overall while I would defiantly make the meatballs again I'm not entirely sure about the tomato sauce. I think a traditional bolognase sauce would work better.
While this is probably a standard dish for many this is the first time I've had meatballs let alone made them so how typical these are I don't know but they're defiantly tasty.

No comments: