Thursday, 28 February 2008

Proven Right or Wrong Depending on Your View

After my moan about cooking in a student kitchen I decided I was being a wimp and that I should try again. Walking past a veggie stall also helped to change my mind. I ended up making Potato and Leek Soup with Sweet Potato Rolls. Or at least that was what the recipes called them.
The sweet potato bread came out reasonably well, although I misread the instructions and didn't shape them correctly. I think the only thing I would change about this recipe is more salt and more potato as unfortunately to me they didn't taste of anything , not even bread.


On to the soup. Deep breath now. Half way through I discovered one key thing. I don't actually like potato based soups. Fine time to find that one out, I hear you say. In my defense i had no idea, having never tried one before. So all in all a bit of a disaster really. Not helped by the fact that I forgot to take out the rosemary before blitzing the soup, needless to say large parts of rosemary are not a good part of soup. Therefore this is probably not a recipe I will be trying again. I did take a picture but its too horrible to show.

No comments: